Hi Rob,
Yup, I do the same thing and fix them when I get
a schematic with them. I have mentioned it to the
engineer but still get 4ways from him. Good idea
about warning everyone. It adds to the reason why
4ways should not be used. I just had to get on the
soap box because I've seen too many instances
where the CAD tools recomendations were stated
and some people just wanted to do something
different (even though it could have been accomplished within recommended
parameters)
and then can't understand why there are problems
when the next rev of software comes out.
That's the only reason I mention it.
I understand there are times when you need
to go outside the box but in the case of CAD
and dealing with the next version from a CAD vendor
if you can solve the problem within the box you
are much better off in the long run.
Thanks for getting the word out. If we do wind
up going to DXP that is good to know, there most
likely are a few 4ways I might have missed in the
bunch of designs done so far.
Have a good rest of week end

Bob