On 07:32 AM 25/11/2002 -0600, Matt Pobursky said:
I have a registered copy of Opera, and while I like it overall it still
renders too many IE-centric webpages incorrectly for me.
This is known as a "Good Thing" - I want a "Stop whizzy stuff" option in my web browser.

Has anyone seen the atrocious www.freepascal.org www page? A prime example of needless, distracting rubbish.

Also, Eudora uses Microsoft's (IE) HTML rendering engine so it will be
susceptible to the same script-based security issues that come with it.
It can *optionally* use the IE HTML renderer. It can be turned off, as can all automation. With these options off Eudora is not automatable so not susceptible to virii.

I think the option is on (use IE HTML viewer) by default - I think this should be off by default. I think it should be set to use the internal HTML viewer by default. Better still it should be set to not show HTML at all. Except this would upset the morons that insist on wasting productive hours and CPU cycles formatting email.

It's hard to get away from HTML email problems since so many software
writers use MS tools and libraries.
I don't agree. I have no HTML mail problems. I don't use it and my mail pkg (Eudora) is set up not to render it. Problem solved.

Ian