John, I set them to false, but to no avail.

Either the new service packs have not only removed the tick boxes, but also
ignore the ini file, or I have another problem.

Thanks,

Mike.

                      "John A. Ross"

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>          To:       "Protel EDA Forum"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                                               cc:

                      08-Jan-2003 12:41        Subject:  Re: [PEDA] Protel99SE keeps
locking up
                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      "Protel EDA

                      Forum"

> Hello all,
>
> I am running Protel99SE on Win2k Professional, and the
> machine seems to keep locking up temporarily.
>
> The lockups affect the whole machine, last about 5 seconds,
> and are quite frequent.
>
> It seems to happen whilst I am in the middle of doing things,
> eg placing a track, as opposed to locking between me doing things.
>
> Has anybody seen this problem before, or have any ideas how
> to stop it?
>
> It ran fine on my old 95 machine, and runs fine on my
> collegues 2k machines.

Mike

I have had similar issues on my notebook when unplugged from LAN. Every
few minutes or so the cursor would freeze for 20 secs or so then
continue as if nothing happenned.

Disabling the network card when unplugged from the LAN stopped this.
There used to be an option for disabling broadcast/receive for the
licencing but the check boxes dissappeared in an early service pack but
they are still in the client.ini

Broadcast Access Code=True
Receive Access Code=True

I know in your work enviroment you will be connected all the time, but
it sounds like exactly the same symptoms as I experienced.

Try setting to false, assuming that the security manager will not just
'ignore' these settings as the check boxes, I assume, were removed for
good reason.

Best Regards

John A. Ross

RSD Communications ltd