Steve

Please don't use the cr*** word. It could be mis interpreted :-)

The network monitor is also used for the file share/file
permissions/Team stuff when used with the DDB file system (like myself).

But I assume its only function when someone uses the windows file system
(I think Mike uses this) for storage is security.

I have DXP installed on the same notebook as P99SE and it does not
exhibit this behaviour, so perhaps the modules/libs in the code have
been updated since 99SE or it is the fact that the DDB file storage is
no longer used in DXP. Who knows.

The lockup problem I had does not manifest when connected to our domain.
Only with the NIC unplugged and if the NIC is unplugged I do not need to
use it (so disable it is no big deal).

But with variables of Win + Protel + NIC drivers...

Best Regards

John A. Ross

RSD Communications ltd
Email  [EMAIL PROTECTED]