At 06:23 AM 6/20/2003, you wrote:

Ah, and I nearly forgot. Can DXP do symbol pin entry through a text file or
spreadsheet? If not forget it.

And if so would you *not* forget it?

Protel parts can be created through spreadsheet techniques. You do have to know how to use the spreadsheet....

In fact the spreadsheet concept is used a lot in Orcad and it
simplifies a lot of work that is done with dialogue boxes in Protel. Not
having to click a dialogue box half a million times makes for a big saving
in RSI alone.

Sure. But OrCAD *requires* you to use a spreadsheet for many functions. Protel *allows* you to use a spreadsheet. Big difference. If you are going to click a dialog box half a million times, use a spreadsheet, in fact, you might want to do some programming, I won't go into details.

But if you just want to make a little edit or global edit, Protel will beat the OrCAD way hands down, unless they've changed it since I last had it inflicted on me.