Brian,

Gosh, I would go for the fat copper if at all possible. This is not that much amperage. Are you under some sort of space constrained situation where you can't afford 500 mil traces? 500 mil traces outta get you a 10-15 C rise with only 2 oz copper at 19 amps continuous. I should think that the capacitor(s) you are going to be installing to handle this kind of ripple is/are gonna be huge, so you should have the room. Not to mention the heat those puppies are going to generate.

-Frank