Hi Kerry,

When you know one package very well (especially
Protel) all other will be "bad" for you.

I'm using Orcad and I don't find it so bad tool. It's
quite intuitive for me and I don't need to look in the
help menu to find how to do simple things (in both
Capture and Layout). Even Allegro is not that
difficult for me and I was able to get a PCB done and
to create footprints without any help.
I used to work with both PCAD MD and PCAD2002.
Protel is still difficult for me and I refer to the
help very often. It's probably because you can do one
thing different ways and that's why I end up finding
nothing.

Let's put it this way. Learning and working with any
CAD package is something personal.
One is for sure. You'll learn any software if you know
there are regular and well paid jobs coming in.

I personally don't care what software I'll use. The
quality of the PCB design depends on what you know.
The software is just a tool to help you make the
drawing.

Mira
--- Kerry Berland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

http://www.techservinc.com/protelusers/forumrules.html