We did a custom project last year in which we were asked to use Orcad Layout
in place of Protel. It was an ordeal. Lacked behind Protel in dozens of
ways. Error checking was poor, user interface difficult to learn, limited
undo, many other shortcomings. Our opinion--their schematic capture program
is decent, their layout program was truly awful.

Later on we did another custom project with some very talented engineers.
Got to talking about layout packages. One engineer said, well, out here in
Southern California, a lot of people use Orcad's schematic capture program,
but virtually nobody uses their layout package.

Have heard of a lot of people using PADS, some using PCAD, some Protel, but
very rarely run into people using Orcad for layout.

Maybe that's just one prejudiced point of view....

Best regards,

Kerry Berland
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Silicon Engines