John A. Ross wrote:

For one, all my employees are prohibited from taking on paid work in
similar fields or making use of skills and/or training and/or company
resources the company has invested in them and/or made available to them
in the course of their employment,(for personal benefit, payment in
kind, hire or financial reward I believe the terms are) or second job
without the companies consent. There is of course provisions to protect
the employees rights should the second job or work not be related to
their day job or the investments made by the company in them.

Boy, that's a pretty restrictive agreement. I'm glad I have never been asked
to sign anything like that. It would literally prohibit a plumber from fixing
a leaky faucet in his own home! (That's the personal benefit part.)

Jon