I seem to remember have great difficulty with rooms till
I found to turn the room rules off before doing any editing
on them.

#2 are you sure you're trying to move the real Ref Des on Silkscreen
Layer?

Bob Wolfe

----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2003 8:31 AM
Subject: [PEDA] Quirks and Errata and Bugs, Oh my!

> Hello the List,
>
> This group has been most wonderfully helpful.  Responses have been both
more timely and more useful than responses from Protel tech support (Not
that I am running them down).  I have a few questions concerning some quirks
or erroneus documentation (I'm not sure which).  I would appreciate the
combined wisdom of experienced users.

> 1)  On page 569 of the User's manual (for 99 SE), it tells you that to
resize a room, click on the room to focus it and then grab one of the
handles to resize it.  When I follow these instructions, my cursor
immediately jumps to the lower left corner (the origin, I think) and only
allows me to move it.  Is there some way, other than changing the numbers in
the dialog box, to resize it?

> 2)  How do you move component designators on a PCB?  I can move them to a
fixed position (i.e. "Left-Center" etc.) in the dialog box, but I can't
click on them and move them to the place I want them to be.

> 3)  On page 87 of the user's manual, there is a note that if you want to
see which objects a global change will make without making that change, then
enable the selection option in the copy attributes column.  This is supposed
to highlight the object thusly affected but it doesn't.  Is this a bug, a
misdocumentation, or am I doing something wrong?