a comment on x-a command:

x-a seems to be incomplete. If I uses a global operation to select something (for example all components with 805 footprints), I can make it select parts on all other schematic sheets by selecting the scope as change matching items in all documents. These will happily select all matching parts on all sheets.

If I now do an x-a command, the selection is removed for the current sheet ONLY. The parts are still selected on all other sheets. Using deselect all from the edit menu does the same thing.

Does anyone know an easy way to deselect ALL? x-a on each sheet in turn will do it, but this is really not very satisfactory. I've been caught more than once!

thanks,
Richard

At 11:15 AM 9/18/2003, you wrote:
18/09/2003 15:53:42, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>Okay, Thanx.

Oh, and, seeing as you seem to be new to all this, get used to
hitting x-a between most operations, to clear all selections you've
made... selections often last longer than my attention span,
especially when I'm hopping between pages.

Steve

Cheesecote Mountain CAMAC, 24 Halley Drive; Pomona, NY 10970 voice: 845 364 0211, fax: 845 362 6947, www.cmcamac.com