Steve,

I sometimes had databases refusing to compact because of the temporary
file (<filename>.ldb) accidently marked some other engineers to access the
ddb. If this is the case in your situation, close P99SE and delete the
.ldb file within explorer.

W2k SP2? Basically I agree with you but resignated finally and installed
SP4 and the latest security patches. I caught the blaster on my home PC!

Regards,
Emanuel

---
MPL AG                                   www.mpl.ch
Emanuel Zimmermann       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Manager R&D                       Phone: +41 56 483'34'34
Taefernstrasse 20               Fax:      +41 56 493'30'20

CH-5405 Daettwil
---