we also religiously close before just as you do and still SAW it

it would happen during the file closing just like when closing protel
without first closing all the windows and files

over a six or seven different computer boxes only one showed this
problem and not consistently at that

so yes it is some obscure thing and yes with the exception i have
mentioned we 'never' see it either

maybe this is why protel abandoned the DDB ?

the bad box had an Intel MB
so did the good boxes of earlier generations

i talked with our white box computer vendor and he said 'oh yeah' the
Intel MBs used to be good

the new one has a Supermicro and works great

we converted the 'bad' one to a file server and never had another
problem with it

that MB business seems to go month by month

Dennis Saputelli

--
Dennis Saputelli

  ========= send only plain text please! - no HTML ==========
Integrated Controls, Inc.           www.integratedcontrolsinc.com
2851 21st Street                    tel: 415-647-0480
San Francisco, CA 94110             fax: 415-647-3003