Dennis Saputelli wrote:

we also religiously close before just as you do and still SAW it

it would happen during the file closing just like when closing protel
without first closing all the windows and files

over a six or seven different computer boxes only one showed this
problem and not consistently at that

so yes it is some obscure thing and yes with the exception i have
mentioned we 'never' see it either

maybe this is why protel abandoned the DDB ?

the bad box had an Intel MB
so did the good boxes of earlier generations

I had a computer some time ago that appeared to run fine, but I occasionally
had CAD files go haywire. I just attributed it to Windows troubles. I later
ran Linux on it for some experiments, and then tried to compile the Linux
kernel. It blew up every time, with a signal 11. I found out that this is often
caused by bad memory. As I had an identical machine, I tried the kernel
compile on the other one, it ran fine (for ~ 18 hours on a 486). So, even though
Windows and applications appeared to run fine, this machine was sick. I then
got a bootable memory tester program, and it indicated bad memory or
cache, I don't remember the details anymore. You might try one of the
memory diagnostics on that machine that had the difficulty.

Jon