----- Original Message -----
From: "Bagotronix Tech Support" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 15, 2003 12:12 PM
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Open source SP7

~ ~ ~

>                                                     . . . Too bad the
U.S. Dept of Justice
> didn't impose an effective remedy on Microsoft, that is, to publish
all of
> their APIs and formats.  But that is another topic...

Ivan,

I thought all of that stuff (or at least most of it) was available from
the Microsoft Developers Network. and to be more specific, from their
Visual Studio, and particularly from the individual SDK's for the
different products.

I know it took me years to track down, since I never had the extra bucks
laying around to pop for the "subscription" to MDN, or for the "Visual
Studio" (as I think it is now called), but I have run across some pretty
arcane stuff from Microsoft, among which was a copy of the Win32 API,
which I actually believe that I still have somewhere, but just exactly
where, is unknown and a mystery at this current time.

~ ~ ~

>     . . . I still have my printed manuals from Quattro Pro 3.0,
Borland C/C++
> 3.0, MS-DOS 5.0, WordPerfect 5.1, etc.  Did Microsoft ever give me any
> manuals for Word?  Nope.

I actually have some manuals for Microsoft Word (Actually Office, but
they include one one or two for Word) kicking around here somewhere, but
I dont know what version, but they are of the same vintage as the other
goodies that you mention.

JaMi