Michael Biggs wrote:

I have noticed in P99SE component library that you cannot change the hole
size to be a oblong or plated slot for footprints. I know there are
alternative ways to call out these drill holes to be plated slots within the
pad, but what is the proper or favorable way to do this in P99SE?
Thank You in advance for responses.

You will find that very few board shops have oblong or rectangular drill bits. :-)

You will have to talk to your board shop to see how (or if) they can produce non-round holes, and how they want that requirement documented. Protel does not provide any way to show non-round holes.

--
Peter Bennett
TRIUMF