we have done it most of the different ways you have outlined

it hasn't seemed to have mattered much which methond we use,
if the notes are clear it comes out ok by almost whatever method you use

but one time it didn't ...
we just got a hole instead of a plated slot and all of the quick
turn multilayer bds were ruined, they couldn't be grunched
(and time lost which was even more valuable)

our notes and methods were clear and the same shop followed
them correctly on previous orders

when i complained they launched an 'investigation'

after a day or so they called and said they found out what the
problem was

"what?" i ask

"we make mistake" they said

they replaced all the boards

so the bottom line is that it would be nice if there were some
'standard' way to have this in the electronic file that did
not rely so much on operator skills and reading ability
both of which are on downward trends

doesn't the excellon format support slots?

Dennis Saputelli

--
Dennis Saputelli

  ========= send only plain text please! - no HTML ==========
Integrated Controls, Inc.           www.integratedcontrolsinc.com
2851 21st Street                    tel: 415-647-0480
San Francisco, CA 94110             fax: 415-647-3003