Hi,

We often several areas on PCB where component height is limited.   Currently
Protel 99SE doesn't support this feature (I don't know DXP).  I have to look
back into the component's data sheet frequently. To make things easier, a
solution is to put the height info into schematic symbol( one of library
fields).  You may understand it is still a pain.  I am thinking to develop a
server to help me in automatically gather the height info in schematic, then
generate component classes by height and the height limits of PCB areas,
generate DRC rules.

Is there anybody familiar to  develop Protel Server here?   I need Protel
SDK for Protel 99SE, and I need somebody's help in doing the programming.
Maybe we can start the first open-source programming from here.

Thanks.

Jun Gong