From #15 to #7 in the last 6 years would seem to be forward progress.
I hope the progress continues.

Also strange here is that Altium Japan (assuming this is part of the
Altium we know....) Is broken out and shown as a  separate line item.
One has to wonder why this was done.  Add the two together and they
then would move up to the #6 position.

This fits nicely into my plans of someday owning world class
EDA tools.  I still think I have placed the right bet.  :P

---Phil

DS> for those interested in such things...

DS> i just read a very interesting article in
DS> EETIMES magazine Oct 27 2003 (an actual paper printed copy)
DS> "Gentrification hits pcb tools"

DS> Among many other things they show a chart (source: Gartner Dataquest)

DS> "TOP 20 pcb/MCM/hybrid software companies 1996 vs. 2002"

DS> http://img.cmpnet.com/eet/news/03/october/NF1293_TABLE.gif

DS> as you can see and as they also point out the gap between
DS> #3 and #4 in 2002 is HUGE

DS> You also will learn how the top vendors are doing their VeriBest :)
DS> to drive prices up and how there are no new entrants

DS> I don't know how many people Altium has but these days $12 mil
DS> gross revenue is not a huge number for an international going
DS> enterprise

DS> ominous sub headings
DS> "Consolidation squeezes board tools"

DS> also some interesting history re CCT & Orcad acquisitions

DS> full article link
DS> http://www.eedesign.com/story/OEG20031027S0069

DS> Altium may be able to sit at this level but it seems to me
DS> that a more likely scenario involves the ongoing
DS> dramas of swallow or be swallowed

DS> Dennis Saputelli

DS>   ========= send only plain text please! - no HTML ==========
DS> _______________________________________________________________________
DS> Integrated Controls, Inc.
DS> www.integratedcontrolsinc.com
DS> 2851 21st Street                    tel: 415-647-0480
DS> San Francisco, CA 94110             fax: 415-647-3003

DS> * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
DS> *
DS> * To leave this list visit:
DS> * http://www.techservinc.com/protelusers/leave.html
DS> *
DS> * Contact the list manager:
DS> * mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
DS> *
DS> * Forum Guidelines Rules:
DS> * http://www.techservinc.com/protelusers/forumrules.html
DS> *
DS> * Browse or Search previous postings:
DS> * http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]
見-jgkץy֟!wdzbXm
-ylz(kץǫ^jiB{ZrazXfjhvhkj+M!I"wah醺'^)ޱzm
-ylz(kץǫ髺W٥0+Irkzhاm
&j)Zb(kץy֟!w