At 01:03 PM 11/1/2003, Dennis Saputelli wrote:
I don't know how many people Altium has but these days $12 mil
gross revenue is not a huge number for an international going
enterprise

true. But the revenue for Altium, estimated based on 3rd quarter 2003 annualized, is about double that. Still not huge.

From the annual report. total revenue fiscal 2002 ending June 30, 2003, AU$46.75; though there was an after-tax loss of AU$7.0 million, they had a decent cash position and paid a dividend of AU$0.02 per share out of retained earnings. With a share price of about AU$0.58, that is a substantial dividend in these times.

Altium may be able to sit at this level but it seems to me
that a more likely scenario involves the ongoing
dramas of swallow or be swallowed

I have a sense that they are not eager to be purchased. They have a very strong asset to liability ratio, they don't seem to owe the company to anyone except the shareholders. Since they experienced sales growth in all their markets in the last year, in what might be difficult times, if they are going to be bought out, I think it would not be for cheap....