Bagotronix Tech Support wrote:

I have not tried, nor do I endorse any of the alternative products, but
there are low cost alternatives such a Eagle, Boardmaker, etc. And I saw an
ad for another low cost EDA package last week, AutoTrax. IIRC, that was the
forerunner to Protel. It seems to be a separate product by a different
company (Kovac Software) now. I don't know how it compares to Protel in
terms of features and design capacity (i.e. how big a design it can handle).
But you can get it for $95. Yeah, that's right, 1/100th the price of
Protel. Now that's what I call The Right Price!

I tried Kovac's AutoTrax some time ago, when he was giving it away free - it was overpriced at that time! :-) I found it unusable.

It is, so far as I know, not related to Protel's old AutoTrax program.

--
Peter Bennett
TRIUMF