> What a do know is the 200,000 ALU shares I own are
> now half what I paid for them.... with only 2 cent
> div for the last year, the IPO was at $2.00 so they
> have lost several hundred million of shareholders
> money..

Ouch!  Sorry about your loss.  But that sounds about typical for tech
investments these days.  Except the dividend.  You actually get a dividend?
Consider yourself lucky, most U.S. tech stocks don't pay dividends.

Not to rub it in, but:  Some people thought I was crazy for not investing in
the tech boom in the late 90's.  I kept telling them that there was no way I
was going to invest in a company that I cannot control, or at least steer
away from disasters.  Because unless you have a controlling share of stock
in the company, you have no control over the company.  Sure you can vote out
the bums in the next stockholder election, but by then the damage is already
done.

Famous rich investor Warren Buffet has been quoted before as saying that he
doesn't invest in something he doesn't understand.  That is wise.  In my
case, I do understand tech, and I realized how vacant and "foundation-less"
the dot-com and day-trading phenomena were, so I stayed away from tech
investments.  I have a looong way to go before I am in Warren Buffet's
wealth class, but at least I didn't lose huge amounts of money in the tech
wreck like so many of my acquaintances.  I'm not patting myself on the back,
just illustrating my points:

1) Don't invest in something you cannot control unless you accept that it's
simply a gamble, and you won't feel cheated if it doesn't work out.  In
otherwords, maybe you could trade in your daily driver for a fancy sports
car if it pays off, but don't base your financial future on it.
2) Don't invest in something you don't know, with the same caution as in (1)

Keep in mind that what I have said is my opinion of the U.S. stock markets,
not necessarily the Australian stock market.

Best regards,
Ivan Baggett
Bagotronix Inc.
website:  www.bagotronix.com