From: Wojciech Oborski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2003 6:51 AM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Macro with process container

Eric,

Sorry for continuing - it doesn't answer your original question, but,
see below:

>>But - if you want to create "sheet specific" Process Container with a
>>macro then you need to modify that macro each time.
>>

> No not the macro but the parameter of macro.It's bit different. In
> fact there is the process client:RuncomonDialog who give you  path for

> files and i want use it for define the name of file i want open with
> notepad. That the reason i want to do that.

It still looks like a bit too complicated, sorry, I don't see a point. I
think, you may achieve this just with a macro, without a Process
Container - just include in the macro a dialog that will prompt the user
for any parameter - let it be a name of the file you want to open (or
process in another way). My point is: instead of using a macro to create
a Process Container that would do some job, just use a macro to do that
job.

>>AFAIK Process Container cannot contain a sequence of processes and
>>this inability makes it's functionality very limited.
>>

> Sorry but it's wrong.  You can run a process containing few other
> process. For this see in the Knoledgebase on Protel site (item N
> 2772).

OK - I didn't know about the features of Sch:ExecuteProcessContainer
process. But Protel KB 2772 doesn't say anything being in opposition to
what I stated. Process Container may contain only a single process. With
a single Process Container you cannot run a sequence of processes
directly - instead you may execute a sequence of Process Containers,
each containing one process only. It's a nice trick but still - requires
a lot of work.

Regards
Wojciech Oborski