Are you positive it shorted them or did it not connect to either one? The
planes are negative, so if you see a full circle for that via on the plane,
it isn't connected to anything.

There is a similar bug related to the split plane and a node that lands in
the split will not be reported as a disconnect from the net. This will get
you because that node is just floating when it should be tied to one side of
the split plane.

Tony