there was data corruption (phantom polygon outside bd space)
and the paste into new pcb did work (the rules were not an issue)

but as it turns out they were simply complicating factors

as mentioned in earlier repsonse by me the main trouble was simply:
me !

i keep forgetting about the ONLINE DRC tab which has separate option
settings from the batch settings which i frankly hardly ever look at
(on Tools Prefs)

for some reason they were all disabled

when pasting into a new bd they were all enabled by default and this
masked the true and simpler cause of my panic

Dennis Saputelli

Abd ul-Rahman Lomax wrote:

> At 10:02 PM 1/8/2004, Dennis Saputelli wrote:
> >anyone know why ONLINE DRC might have stopped working for me?
>
> I certainly don't know, except that a stray cosmic ray can cause any
> program to stop working....
>
> However, the fact that another ddb has DRC working pretty much rules out a
> program glitch.
>
> What occurs to me, in desperation, might be to take a PCB file where
> on-line DRC is working, delete all the primitives, paste in the primitives
> from the problem PCB, reimport the net list or resynchronize to the new PCB
> file, and see if it works now. Then fix the design rules to what they need
> to be for your new board, checking periodically to see if DRC is still working.
>
>  From what was reported, I'd be scratching my head too.... I think Mr.
> Saputelli is quite reasonable to suspect some kind of data corruption in
> the DDB. Or he has overlooked something, i.e., what he told us was not
> exactly correct.
>
> Sending the ddb to someone else is another option. I'd be happy to look at
> it, I owe Mr. Saputelli a few....

Integrated Controls, Inc.           Tel: 415-647-0480  EXT 107
2851 21st Street                    Fax: 415-647-3003
San Francisco, CA 94110             www.integratedcontrolsinc.com