help!
this might be something REALLY stupid but i am banging my head ...

anyone know why ONLINE DRC might have stopped working for me?
here is punchlist
99SE
online drc checkbox IS on
drc 'layer' is on
various rules are set up 'normally' and enabled
obstacle is 'avoid'

as i manually route with PT i can draw right through all the wrong
pads at all the wrong clearances

if i run the batch DRC it correctly shows the errors and lights
them up bright green

it's just that during manual routing the online
DRC is not working anymore

BTW, if i turn push obstacle on that works, but if i turn it back
to avoid obstacle it does NOT avoid

if i change a rule and push CLOSE the online DRC does not run
as it usually does

something has changed radically here

-- stop --- poke around some more, reboot etc

same prob

i opened another DDB, no probs
the online DRC works! (first DDB still open)

now i am getting worried about my data

other boards in same original DDB, same problem, no online drc

i made a new fresh DDB and copied the pcb file into it, no go, same prob

i deleted all rules, no help

Dennis Saputelli

Integrated Controls, Inc.           Tel: 415-647-0480  EXT 107
2851 21st Street                    Fax: 415-647-3003
San Francisco, CA 94110             www.integratedcontrolsinc.com