At 10:02 PM 1/8/2004, Dennis Saputelli wrote:
anyone know why ONLINE DRC might have stopped working for me?

I certainly don't know, except that a stray cosmic ray can cause any program to stop working....

However, the fact that another ddb has DRC working pretty much rules out a program glitch.

What occurs to me, in desperation, might be to take a PCB file where on-line DRC is working, delete all the primitives, paste in the primitives from the problem PCB, reimport the net list or resynchronize to the new PCB file, and see if it works now. Then fix the design rules to what they need to be for your new board, checking periodically to see if DRC is still working.

From what was reported, I'd be scratching my head too.... I think Mr. Saputelli is quite reasonable to suspect some kind of data corruption in the DDB. Or he has overlooked something, i.e., what he told us was not exactly correct.

Sending the ddb to someone else is another option. I'd be happy to look at it, I owe Mr. Saputelli a few....