Hello All,

I wish to share my excitement on new autorouter for Protel.  The router is from
konekt.com, named ELECTRA.  Electra is available in several configurations, but I wish
to share that I spent a considerable amount of time baselining this software. The
router accepts DSN files, and is very similar in operation to Spectra less a few high
speed commands.
As far as routing speed,  it is slightly slower than Spectra, but the accuracy of the
traces are cleaner. On three separate tests of the same design, Electra was consistent
with 500- 600 less vias.  It was also consistent on all of my track lengths. The test
board had 1984 components, so this was not a trivial routing test.
The router also observed my protected traces.  I can not speak highly enough of this
product, and no I do not have a vested interest in it
Download their demo.  I highly recommend it

Mike Reagan
EDSI
Frederick MD