Mike,

This is a separate and not the integrated replacement for Situs, right?

Joe

----- Original Message -----
From: "edsi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 20, 2004 1:49 PM
Subject: [PEDA] Autorouter

> Hello All,
>
> I wish to share my excitement on new autorouter for Protel.  The router is
from konekt.com, named ELECTRA.  Electra is available in several
configurations, but I wish to share that I spent a considerable amount of
time baselining this software. The router accepts DSN files, and is very
similar in operation to Spectra less a few high speed commands.
> As far as routing speed,  it is slightly slower than Spectra, but the
accuracy of the traces are cleaner. On three separate tests of the same
design, Electra was consistent with 500- 600 less vias.  It was also
consistent on all of my track lengths. The test board had 1984 components,
so this was not a trivial routing test.
> The router also observed my protected traces.  I can not speak highly
enough of this product, and no I do not have a vested interest in it