20/01/2004 19:28:34, Dennis Saputelli
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>what does it cost ?

Dunno yet.

>how does it like BGAs?

It seems to have just routed my double-sided, densely-packed
BGA board from hell, that even Specctra hates. It took a couple of
hours, and barfed on some of the rules in my .do file, so it's quite
possible it could be made to give better results faster. At the end
of the .do, though, it asked if I wanted to save the .ses file - I said
no, and it just quit, and if it saved the .rte file, I can't find it. Sigh -
I'll pay more attention next time, but it does look promising.
Certainly orders of magnitude more useful than the Protel built-in
routers, which just sulks whem faced with aany serious board...

>does it still convert all the via holes to 28 or is that a protel bug?

will report back when I find out. It would be handy if it didn't :)

>maybe altium should give up and just buy the ELECTRA
company ?

And give us all a copy as the 'vastly improved, completely re-
written' autorouter that was promised to be shipped with DXP,
and was what made the sale for me, but turned out to be a mildly
warmed over version of the all-but-useless router from P99. Yes,
I'm still feeling ripped off.

Steve Wiseman