Mike and Dennis,

As I see it the .dsn and .rte file do not contain via hole size
information cause it's not needed for autorouting. So the 28 mil hole size
is Protels bug ignoring the preference settings in the design rules while
importing and just assuming the (historically) standard 28 mil hole size.

Mike, if this routeer is as good as specctra I'm very frustrated! I just
bought the full blown specctra end of last year cause we're  in the need
for autorouting complex boards with blind/burieds and high speed rules
like length matching, min/max length settings, a bunch of different
width/spacing rules between individual nets and classes/groups .... does
it really do all this?

Regards,
Emanuel

---
MPL AG                                   www.mpl.ch
Emanuel Zimmermann       [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Manager R&D                       Phone: +41 56 483'34'34
Taefernstrasse 20               Fax:      +41 56 493'30'20

CH-5405 Daettwil
---

"edsi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> schrieb am 21.01.2004 01:47:42:

> Ian,
> The dsn file you create must be 100 percent Spectra compatible.
> There are some quirks to every software package....Spectra has a few
> and if not followed both Spectra and Electra will not initialize.
> If you are having some difficulty initilizing a file, send it to me
> and I will take a look at if. My email is [EMAIL PROTECTED] do
> not use the return on this email....dont ask how I am sending this lol
>
> Dennis,
> All vias are re-imported as 28 mil hole diameter. Unless this code
> is 100 percent copied from Spectra, I would now think this problem
> lies with a Protel ini file somewhere. I am investigating this
> because this problem has occured with 3 different autorouters with
Protel.