what does it cost ?
how does it like BGAs?

does it still convert all the via holes to 28 or is that a protel bug?

maybe altium should give up and just buy the ELECTRA company ?

ds

edsi wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I wish to share my excitement on new autorouter for Protel.  The router is from
> konekt.com, named ELECTRA.  Electra is available in several configurations, but I
> wish to share that I spent a considerable amount of time baselining this software.
> The router accepts DSN files, and is very similar in operation to Spectra less a few
> high speed commands.
> As far as routing speed,  it is slightly slower than Spectra, but the accuracy of
> the traces are cleaner. On three separate tests of the same design, Electra was
> consistent with 500- 600 less vias.  It was also consistent on all of my track
> lengths. The test board had 1984 components, so this was not a trivial routing test.
> The router also observed my protected traces.  I can not speak highly enough of this
> product, and no I do not have a vested interest in it
> Download their demo.  I highly recommend it
>
> Mike Reagan
> EDSI
> Frederick MD

Integrated Controls, Inc.           Tel: 415-647-0480  EXT 107
2851 21st Street                    Fax: 415-647-3003
San Francisco, CA 94110             www.integratedcontrolsinc.com