From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2004 7:06 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Semiconducto rmfg Footprint creation

The simple answer is this:

Tell them. I do. Every time I order a sample. Every time I call for advise
on how best to use somehting they offer. Everytime I suggest how they could
improve their product and customer facilitation. Unlike know-it-all EDA
producers who only listen to a handful of generally misguided, self-serving,
insular insiders, it has been my experience that they do listen to the
far-sighted. But only if the far-sighted actually speak. And like most
everyone, they listen better when many speak.

In terms of compromise, at least a DXF file isn't an Mentor footprint or
Allegro definiton, etc. Converting those into Protel or pcad formats isn't
as easy for me as tweaking a dxf import.

That's my point. (for the sake of this discussion, within this particualr
list-group), personally, I'd like to see them producing native Protel
footprints, schematic objects, simulation models, and for that matter, even
3D models, but in liue of that, at least a dxf is something I CAN handle...

As Leo suggested, anything that reduces the required effort to generate the
necessary details (footprints and schematic objects) used to generate my
schematics and PCBs...

regards,

aj