Jami

If you check my previous posts you will see I use PPCB all the time, I
specifically use it now for Blaze as the router. I have to have a copy
anyway for client support so I make use of it that way.

I gave up expending energy on Protels routers since P98, as even then, it
was inferior to Spectra 6 or the Bartels one I used.

I expended my energy instead on getting more productive, right tool for the
job and all that, as for netlist translation tools they can either be
written in house (command line & clunky but work) or there are many
available which target PPCB as an end target.
www.cadprosystems.com
http://www.lynnerup-ecad.dk

And a lot more.

Protel is VERY hard to beat for a capture tool. Direct translation in my
case is at Netlist/ECO level, where I have the data in nice, readable ASCII
format.

Mike has had very good things about the Konnekt router, Pat Nystrom has his
testimonial to it on their front page, but I have had no time to play yet.

Hopefully with Altiums new licensing system it will be possible to just
order the modules you use and skip the others.

I fear the concept of a 'all in one wonder' suite is a pipe dream, so I look
to get the best from what I have available.

John