At 07:12 PM 3/9/2004, Brooks,Bill wrote:
Funny, I blame Microsoft for our acceptance of software with 'bugs' in it...
I tell you what... If I found bugs in something I bought from the grocery
store... I would take it back.

You wouldn't do that if you were hungry enough and there was no other grocery store that had the products sans bugs. When you are hungry, you are grateful that there is any grocery store at all....

Why is Microsoft responsible for *our* actions? They are responsible for what they do, we are responsible for what we do. A lot of people think otherwise, true.

They think, "Whatever bad happens, it is those guys' fault."

Personally, I'm grateful for the tools I have. Yes, those tools could be better, and I hope to be able to contribute to making them better. Yes, there are greedy monopolies and businesses that profit at the expense of society and their customers.

But more to the point of what I actually do, I hope to be able to catalyze people to work together for mutual benefit. If we do that, we might just realize that *we* are responsible. We are responsible because we have more power than do those monopolies and businesses, all their money comes from us. Only they are organized and we are not. It's a lot of what I think about.

www.beyondpolitics.org