So long ago....

I also believe that locked pre routes were ripped up,  at least in some
cases.  I also recall a problem where it seemed to ignore trace width
assignments of wide tracks,  sometimes reverting to using the default
trace width.

However I don't think I ever applied,  or extensively used,  the last
available service pack because P98 followed not long after,  and I moved
on.  Might be worth patching to the last version,  and trying it if you
haven't already.

Otherwise maybe make a copy of the traces to another unused mech layer, and then copy
it
back after routing,  and clean it up.  And maybe use keepouts to keep the router out of
that area if possible.

---Phil

m> wasn't there a bug in advanced route 3.0 which prevented this from working ?
m> I seem to recall (although not quite sure) some version having this problem
m> of ignoring the lock and routing from scratch everything no matter what had
m> been locked.

m> ----- Original Message -----
m> From: "Joe Sapienza" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
m> To: "Protel EDA Forum" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
m> Sent: Saturday, March 20, 2004 11:47 AM
m> Subject: Re: [PEDA] Advanced PCB / Advanced Route 3.0