If I understand correctly what Mike was trying to achieve by 'programming',
was handled with a few mouse clicks for selection (shift-Click in DXP for
select should have made it easier) and the T,I,P shortcut which still exists
in 2004, to select how you wanted it positioned in 99SE. It use to work on
hidden text.

IMO its actually an example of how the over-engineering of the GUI/Panels
and the query system impacts on productivity and when you look at what is
needing to be done why jump through the loops of FSO/Inspector/link....

For a global positioning of comments, no way can the panels loops be quicker
than ESATIP and mouse clicky.

The FSO/Inspector panel has its uses and I still think the Inspector panel
deserves an apply button at the bottom.

If its support that's needed to restore simple edits like this to some sort
of sensible procedure then, for what's its worth, I give it.

Sorry if I got the wrong end of the stick.

John