Ian stated,
"I have been asking Altium to make this sort of edit easier.  If you have
just components selected you will see in the Inspector that the Name and
Component Comment fields are hyperlinks.  I think that when you click on
one of these hyperlinks you should be able to edit those attributes on all
selected components (in effect this would cause the selection to drill down
across all the selected components).  However, currently the system will
only edit the attribute of one of the components (after drilling down)."

Ian,
I don't remember this coming up but BOY would that be outstanding
to be able to do what you state above.
Form the very first time using 99SE and now DXP that has been
a very big complaint of mine too. I thingk I mentioned it to feedback
and maybe way back on the PEDA forum. But this exact item I feel
vey strong about. I too have struggled with the fact that you have
a bunch of things selected, you bring up a menu, there are common
items on this menu, you want to change the one thing on all the selected
parts. Your right you should be able to change that same item for all
the selected parts right there and not have to jump through a few more
hoops.

I'll take that one step further in that I was very used to CAD systems
that say a have a whole bunch of traces selected. All I needed to do then
was right click to get a properties dialog up and if I changed trace width
right there I just changed the trace width for all traces selected. Didn't
have to take 3 or more steps to accomplish this.

Yup really wish they could make it that simple, it should be.

Bob Wolfe