snip..

> I have been asking Altium to make this sort of edit easier.
> If you have
> just components selected you will see in the Inspector that
> the Name and
> Component Comment fields are hyperlinks.  I think that when
> you click on
> one of these hyperlinks you should be able to edit those
> attributes on all
> selected components (in effect this would cause the selection
> to drill down
> across all the selected components).  However, currently the
> system will
> only edit the attribute of one of the components (after
> drilling down).

snip

Agree, Ian, getting access to the children is a pain, you should
have access in the inspector panel, without all the extra steps.

+Children
 Designator
  Hide
  Font
 Comment

etc..

I think once the top level component is selected, then the inspector
should allow common children to be shown.

Darren Moore