-----Original Message-----
From: Cliff Gerhard [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
I went back to Protel and made the transition from 99SE to DXP. I don't know
why they didn't just fix 99SE instead of basically starting over.
Trying to use DXP at first made me feel like a complete idiot, it is a
resource hog (my 1GHZ computer is too slow?) and the software still isn't
quite finished (I am still waiting for 2004, hopefully it is better).  This
has been very painful, but at least it wasn't $40k a seat!

I hope Protel is not bailing out of the "shrink wrapped" CAD market.
There isn't much else out there for us who can't afford (or don't need) the
high dollar tools.  If they are putting all their eggs in the embedded
system business I can't see them surviving too much longer.
Then I guess I'll be back to that familiar place of having to pick a new CAD
system.