Hi Leon;

Is the phone support good at Pulsonix?

tr :)

-----Original Message-----
From: Leon Heller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 1:53 PM
To: Protel EDA Forum
Subject: Re: [PEDA] Good schematic/PCB development suite recommendation?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ray Mitchell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Friday, April 09, 2004 3:41 PM

> Our group has used Protel for years.  I've tried to get everyone to change
> to something else for most of that time but the resistance has been fairly
> great.  It seems that the the philosophy has been that pain you know is
> preferable to the pain you don't know.  However, with the introduction of
> DXP/2004 everyone is starting to realize that a good tool is needed.  Is
> there something that is generally considered to be the best?  I realize
> that some of the tools cost significantly more but when the frustration,
> poor results, and wasted time are considered, it may not actually be that
> expensive.  One of the guys here uses PADS and really likes it.  If we
make
> a change we don't want to make the same mistake we made with Protel again.

Have a look at Pulsonix: http://www.pulsonix.com

It was developed from scratch by a group of people who used to work for
Zuken-Redac, support is excellent. Unlike Altium, they fix bugs immediately
they come to light. The autorouter is quite good and works reliably. Pricing
is competitive.

I set an independent users group: