there is no cache for PCB footprints
(as there is for sch)

when i did just what you described in your 1st paragraph
only the component i was working on changed but
the footprint field names changed in all the instances

BUT THAT WAS LAST night on a different machine

this morning i cannot reproduce the behavoir on a different box
i even tried variations of mistakes i might have made
like 'all free' vs 'free prims'

go figure

Igor's comment about going back to the leb editor and hitting
the update might have worked once the footprint strings were stuffed
in but now i can test it

Dennis Saputelli

"John A. Ross [Design]" wrote:

> [...]

Integrated Controls, Inc.           Tel: 415-647-0480  EXT 107
2851 21st Street                    Fax: 415-647-3003
San Francisco, CA 94110             www.integratedcontrolsinc.com