At 28-7-2004 22:23, John A. Ross [RSDTV] wrote:
If say

PCB editor is open with MYLIB library loaded,
I open MYLIB for editing,
I then add a new footprint to MYLIB, save and close it,

Only the save is essential.....

If I browse the library within the PCB editor the new footprint is not yet available
A push process of update PCB still does not make the footprint available.
If I remove MYLIB and then add it back in the new footprint is now available for use.

You do not have to remove/re-add the library, clicking on it in the navigator pane will do the trick....
I have several HF 'components' (read: copper structures) that are board specific and need fine-tuning when I create the final PCB; so I switch back and forth a lot and have the library open for editing at the same time I am working in the PCB.... This neat little trick save loads of time.

Leo Potjewijd hardware designer Integrated Engineering B.V.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]
+31 20 4620700