> -----Original Message-----
> From: Dennis Saputelli [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 6:19 PM
> To: Protel EDA Forum
> Subject: Re: [PEDA] 99SE SP6 updating footprints
>
> there is no cache for PCB footprints
> (as there is for sch)

Dennis

There must be some type of cache for the PCB library, or cache might not be the
correct term.

If some sort of cache is not used then footprints would be updated every time the PCB
was opened
from the pre-loaded libraries or the library was changed, it would not require a
'push' process like
update PCB to do it.

If say

PCB editor is open with MYLIB library loaded,
I open MYLIB for editing,
I then add a new footprint to MYLIB, save and close it,
If I browse the library within the PCB editor the new footprint is not yet available
A push process of update PCB still does not make the footprint available.
If I remove MYLIB and then add it back in the new footprint is now available for use.

Always found it to be this way ;-)

John