snip

> John,
> I just did what you described: opened an existing pcb, went
> to the library editor via 'edit' in the navigator, copied and
> renamed an existing footprint (thus creating a new one),
> clicked on the save button, stepped back to the pcb and
> clicked on the library name: presto!, the new component
> showed up in the list....
> I even checked it with removal of components, that works too
> for me....
>
> There is defenitely something very weird going on.
> Be it in my installation, yours, or both.

Leo

Thanks for taking time and checking it.

I figured it out, it was a critical environment variable on my
installation that probably needs replaced :-)

Me actually.

After reading again what you wrote I found it works if I highlight and
click the library name in the Browse part of the navigator panel. I was
just clicking in the space below it but within the panel, the wrong lib
was highlighted when I tried it before.

Thanks

John