On May 1, 1:42 am, Bertrand <bertrand.char...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well, actually, my managers are pushing for self-contained javascript
> code (trying to get rid of all the library calls, which isn't
> necessarily a good idea, but I have to abide).
>
> So I ended up using a DOM-compliant version using createElement,
> createTextNode and appendChild.

The DOM Core methods are pretty well supported across browsers, the
primary reason innerHTML is used is because it is faster in IE (where
DOM methods can be terribly slow) and many authors come to javascript
from an HTML background and are more comfortable writing HTML that
script.

If you are having issues with performance or cross-browser support,
post your questions at comp.lang.javascript.

--
Rob