Why would it not be that good .... Insert takes 2 arguments and 1 of those
arguments has 4 possibilities....

 -> Following is prototypes version of it. and if you know that you are
always going to give it VALID HTML then you can strip alot of it out
insert: function(element, insertions) {
    element = $(element);

    if (Object.isString(insertions) || Object.isNumber(insertions) ||
        Object.isElement(insertions) || (insertions && (insertions.toElement
|| insertions.toHTML)))
          insertions = {bottom:insertions};

    var content, insert, tagName, childNodes;

    for (var position in insertions) {
      content  = insertions[position];
      position = position.toLowerCase();
      insert = Element._insertionTranslations[position];

      if (content && content.toElement) content = content.toElement();
      if (Object.isElement(content)) {
        insert(element, content);
        continue;
      }

      content = Object.toHTML(content);

      tagName = ((position == 'before' || position == 'after')
        ? element.parentNode : element).tagName.toUpperCase();

      childNodes = Element._getContentFromAnonymousElement(tagName,
content.stripScripts());

      if (position == 'top' || position == 'after') childNodes.reverse();
      childNodes.each(insert.curry(element));

      content.evalScripts.bind(content).defer();
    }

    return element;
  },