Home.
--- Begin Message ---
Hi Joan,

why should buy your own wheelchair, be any different than having a
wheelchair that Medicare bought.  That's what I have and I think they help  pay
for the
repairs but they would not pay for in the of the wheelchair itself  even
though I had Medicare.  It is a weird system.  That is why my  suppliers says
it
takes so long to get repairs because it has to go through  Medicare system to
get repairs for the heart Blue Cross does not pay.

So sorry that you have to go through this.  It is a crazy system and I  would
think that you could feel this because you're now on Medicare and  65.

Maybe you can somehow change the system if you take it to court and get a
legal aid while you're if you qualify for one.  That would be the only  thing I
did recommend.

I had you that would Medicaid, go to court with the legal aid to move to a
different county and get the kind of care I needed, because Medicaid would not
cover my care because I had a tracheostomy.
Just a thought.  I have  legal aid lawyer through KU
.  I also had to have 2 state representatives involved, and letters  from all
my doctors. I know this is different with Medicare through the  government.
After this battle I have had no trouble getting care.
I sure wish you good luck to get Medicare to pay for your repairs as I know
how expensive they are I think you have a Permobil.  I don't know if  Medicare
will buy another.  My suppliers said it would be difficult to get  another
Permobil with the new regulations.  That would be good to ask the  list if any
of them have for mobile through Medicare.  I think I remember  Mark mentioning
he was going to get one.
I sure hope it is possible, because  I love mine.  I would hate to have to
switch to another brand of wheelchair  is this chair took away the back pain
that I was having previously in my old EJ  with a reclining system, before they
had tilt & space.  I have had this  chair five years of may well not try to get
in each year yet with the new  rules.

Dana

Home.

--- End Message ---