Hi all,

On 20 January 2018 at 09:28, Ivan Mitev <i...@maa.bz> wrote:

> +1
>
> Other people in the thread disagree and still use regular DVDs - which as
> a readonly media is great for security - but how may people from Qubes'
> user base still have and use an optical reader ? I haven't seen any recent
> laptop (like in the past 3-4 years) with a CD/DVD reader and nowadays
> desktop workstations usually don't include one either.

I buy a fresh USB DVD device with every secure laptop I buy.  I don't reuse
them, because I don't want a mistake made with one of them to contaminate
another laptop.  So I've got lots of them lying around the house!

At some point DVDs + DVD equipment might become impossible to buy (or with
only very few suppliers, all of whom could be interdicted).  I'm not sure
what I will do then!

Kind regards,
Andrew