On 01/20/2018 03:06 AM, Marek Marczykowski-Górecki wrote:
> fedora-26, as default template for AppVMs, contains default user
> applications, like Firefox, Thunderbird. Shipping a _desktop_
> operating system without web browser isn't going to work...

Agree.

But those users do not need any other templates than the default one
for sure.

And for the "advanced" users: isn't that bad if ALL the stuff included
is highly outdated, and possible full of already published bugs?

How would you rate the current R3.2 fresh install?
(ALL the included applications are out of date, and the fedora
templates are already end of life for sure. So most of the ISO
contents are actually useless.)

While a minimal Qubes ISO would be much smaller, fit on a read only
media, and probably would contains much less outdated/buggy/vulnerable
stuff.

Installing a new template is pretty easy and well documented.

However it is still not stressed enough that even that process is
resulting an out of date template anyway, so the proper installation
the steps should be:

- - Download and verify the ISO
- - write it to a DVD/pendrive
- - boot, and do a self check
- - install
- - update the dom0 and the currently used template
- - reboot
- - install new templates
- - update the new templates
- - setup the new templates for your VM's
- - Then - and just then - start USING Qubes.

- --
Zrubi